23 October, 2008

Getting children to obey

I am the mother of 7(so far) blessings, and have been in some sense of the word a single mom for a while now. My DH is in the Reserves and is a over the road truck driver, which means he's just not really home a lot.

Over the past 3 months, we've been able to have 1 full two day family weekend-and that was back at the beginning of August. So I am often left to double parent then children and when needed, he is able to talk to them over the phone. It's really a good thing that our cell company offers an unlimited plan.

In the last, oh probably 6 months the attitudes in this house have been just terrible. No one does what they are asked or told to do without some whining/grumbling or complaining. And I am tired of it all.

So next week we are going to begin a program called Bootcamp. More or less they are all going to be treated as if they were in the military-which most of them say that they want to do that anyway. So for the next 6 weeks they will only be able to say "Yes, Mom", "No, Mom" and Yes and No Dad when they see him or speak to him on the phone. Then after some time, once they all understand that this is the way life will be, they will be allowed to appeal or ask questions to the task(s) that they were given.

They are able to speak out of turn in an emergency. Like if I asked someone to change a diaper or bring me the supplies and we were out, or they weren't able to prepare a meal because something was missing.

I am praying that this really works, because they are getting old enough that this is going to effect their work habits later in life and I wand they all to be happy in what ever type of job/career that they seek out.

So for tomorrows game plan, we will not be heading up to my BF's place, the responsibilities that they have all know about since Sunday are still not complete. We are going to complete them and we are now working on a point system, as long as they do everything they are asked/told to do in the next 14 days then we will try to go then. (secretly I will probably go then anyway, but they will not be allowed to what they would normally be)

Please forgive me if there are spelling errors, I am really tired and will proof read tomorrow.

Have a blessed evening.

No comments: