16 October, 2008

Today

Today, well it began with me waking at 4 something, looking out at the moon and really wishing that I could take some photos, it's been hanging out of my bedroom window the past few mornings and is just beautiful.
Just when I thought that I could sneak off to the kitchen I realized that Princess R was awake and looking at me. So I had to grab her and Prince M meets us in the kitchen. We all head to the bathroom, where she gets to tub surf-I don't like putting her on the bathroom floor, I know don't ask.
Today was Prince A's 10th birthday, well it seems that they didn't get any thing done from the night before. So the morning bell went off at 5.30am, Princes J & C were left in bed as J had done quite a bit last night, and with C only being two, I just left him.
They weren't too happy to say the least, but you know what I am getting tired of assigning chores only to have to finish them myself. They are all old enough to do what they are told, when they are told to.
Prince A did get his gifts, a new Lego Star Wars sleep shirt, and an action figure from one of the Star Wars movies, his Great Grandmother called and wished him a happy day and said that his card should be here today-it was and he got $10.00. Which he spent at Barnes and Noble, he got this wonderful little blank journal, that I am sure will end up being filled with drawings and short stores of the Stars Wars nature and a Strawberries and Cream Frappachinio.
I found a new homeschooling magazine-it was the only one that I was able to find, it might not be that new, but it's new to me. Looks pretty good, so far I have only managed to read one article, I am really looking at all the ads.
We did get almost all of our schooling done today, they didn't get Science. I am trying to decide how I want them to do the Radish project from Sonlight Core 3-groups, individually, or just one and we all use just that.
That and I am going to buy a huge storage building that they sell/rent to own around here and make my own little school house. Because I know without question, that if I were to remove all of the schooling stuff from our home, we would have room to move. LOL! It is so funny, we have so many books, games, and other educational stuff that we really just don't have the room to move. It might have something to do with the fact that the house is only 913sq ft.
My friend Deanna, was just looking at one 12x24 and she thought that it was really nice and she too wants to get one to use as a school house. Just pop a little ac unit in for the summer, maybe a little wood stove for winter and we are ready. Eat breakfast in the house, keep the playpen set up for naps for the Princess. Then when I want something I can go well it's over there, not like today when I went looking for something only to remember that it is in town at the storage place-I was in tears, how can I teach them well when I can't keep everything in one place? UGGGGGG. I need to get my act together.

No comments: