20 October, 2008

mid afternoon snack

For the past couple of years I find that around early afternoon, anywhere from 2-5pm I get super sleepy.

I have tried turkey and cheese on crackers, PB&J on bread or crackers, even those Slim Fast bars.

Well last week I was at the Pharmacy looking for fish oil tablets like the ones that I get at GNC, they didn't have anything close. I turned on a different isle and saw the energy bars.

Our Walmart has a rather large selection of single bars that you can get, so I picked a handfull of different companies to try. I got a Zone, one by Kashi, and three different flavors from Cliff Bar.
The Kashi one was gross as far as I am concerned, the Zone would run a very close second on the ick factor. The first Cliff bar was ok, but I don't remember why I didn't like it. I think that one actually had peanut butter and chocolate. The second one was just chocolate chip and it was my favorite, and today I ate the last one called crunchy peanut butter-this one was pretty good. But as I sit here I am finding that I have a funny after taste.

I need other ideas for snacks that are high in protein, because I find that if I eat junk food it makes me feel worse.

Yes, I have had my sugar checked and I am fine. I just think that for me, I get up very early 4.45-5.00am and I am busy all day. Untill about that time of the day, which is quiet time or at least it is supposed to be. Prince C & The Princess both understand that have no problems, it is the older Princes that have a problem with doing quiet activities, they got out of the habit last year, around this time and it's been hard to get them back on track, but they are getting better at it.

No comments: