13 October, 2008

Not sure WHY I was trying to start yet another blog?!

What was I thinking?? I really don't know, even though it might say that I have two, for now I will only be posting on this one.

I just spent about 10 minutes trying to find the perfect name for another blog, boy was it hard. There are a lot of titles that I would have loved to use but they were all taken, and then I thought why not try 6toads1princess, it surprisingly was not taken.
However, I can not call my boys toads, so what made me think of that in the first place?

Well in the last week they have found several toads, and these toads sound like birds. They are the coolest toads. When I was little I lived in FL and I of course had a little sand pail. This pail was often the home to toads and frogs, but my Mom would almost always tell me to put them all back. She told me a few years ago that she always felt sorry for the one on the bottom, because he/she was usually half dead by the time I got around to setting them all free.

Tomorrow after I pick up my camera from Wal-Mart tomorrow I will share a few pictures that we took of the first one that they had found. He was played with for a little while but then quickly returned to where he was found.


Today as a treat we had Subway, I don't usually get fast food of any kind. But I was really in the mood for a sub. Since there is a Firehouse Subs anywhere close to us, Subway will have to do. It was really good considering it has probably been a year since I've had one.

The rest of the treat will be tomorrow when the children are allowed to have a glass of Coke.

Sometime at the end of December 2006, I happened to catch the movie Super Size Me on tv, and boy did it open my eyes. I decided that in January we would not eat out for the whole month, no fast food and I stopped drinking Coke.

The good news was we made it through the month, I stopped the Coke consumption and lost something like 21lbs. WOOO HOOO!!!!

Better yet was in March we were blessed to find out that I was pregnant with our first daughter. Princess was born 19 Oct and will turn 1 in 6 days, I can't believe how fast this year has gone by either.

So because of that movie, and moving out to the country so much of our lifestyle has changed:
we rarely eat out
drink Coke or really any sugary drinks
eat sugary snacks
drink things with red dye
listen to the radio-we do listen to music, mostly classical, hymns, and other uplifting pieces
we are working on limiting TV to just a few hours a month, including DVD's that are not school related.

I am sure that there are many others but those are all I can think of right now.

It is a family weekend, DH will be home for his first weekend off in almost 3 months. Because he drives a big truck he is always at work, then he also has Drill weekends and because of how they fell he wasn't able to come home every two weeks like normal. But this week he will be home on Friday-we are praying that it is early enough in the day that he will get to spend almost 2 and a half days with us. It is also a very special weekend as Thursday Prince A turns 10, and of course Princess turns 1.

So we will be cleaning like the cleaning service is here, to make sure that the house is nice for DH while he's home. There is a lot to do, not including the projects that I am working on. Part of me just wants to say lets just load up and go somewhere to really have fun with him, but then I know that he probably has a list of things he'd like to get done around here. It should be fun to see what we end up doing.

Off to get everything ready for the boys to get their school work done tomorrow. I am looking at possibly taking them into town for a 4H club meeting on Friday. I don't know that they are ready to do the work though. They have been very lazy with their school work lately and that concerns me. Probably has to do with me being lazy with my work, say a prayer for me that I am able to find my focus and get back on track.

God Bless.

2 comments:

Tiph said...

Did you know... if you do decide you want a new name, you don't have to open a new account to get it? Blogger will allow you to change the name on a current blog, while still keeping all the current content in tact. :-)

Unknown said...

Wlhat a wonderful hideaway here on the blogosphere you have! Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea, as I ride out the journey the Lord has set for us. Believe me ~ I am hungry for some countryside these days! LOL :)