12 February, 2009

So a somewhat normal week has begun.

Sorry I haven't posted but it has been a crazy week or two. Since Richard came home on the 1st I feel like we have been on the move.
We got some cleaning and big stuff done around here, made up our fruit trees and bushes list, I will place the order on the last day one can order. It should be fun to see how I am going to get all of these trees home.
We took Richard back over to Atlanta Sunday night.

I had to go pick him up from Drill, then we were going to leave straight from there, but a neighbors dog that likes to hang out here decided to chase after our cat Midnight. When he went after her, he ripped the breaker box off the side of the house and messed up the wires. So we had to come back here so that Richard could fix it.

I so want to be off of the grid. Then I wouldn't need that box and wires back there.

Anyway we finally made it to Atlanta around 10:30-11:00 our time, got everyone in the room and went to bed.

Monday we loaded back up and went over to the terminal so that he could get his truck. Well I'll give you the short version. We sat there for 4 hours only to be told that he needed a drug test and to come back tomorrow.

UGGGGGG!

So we went over to IKEA!!!

I have looked at and shopped from IKEA for 6 years now, but this was our first time in an actual store.

We ate lunch at the cafe and it was really good. We walked around and looked at everything.

Wow what a great store.

We found our dream kitchen, with the appliances and sink too.

They had real apartments with various square footage, so that you could see what you could do with that amount of space. I have hope for making this little house that we have been blessed with work.

Now all we need to do is figure out which room we are going to start in and then how we are going to get everything home.

After spending 4 hours in there, we were heading back over to the hotel to unload Richard's stuff when I saw a Walmart, and Starbucks. Well this Walmart was underground with a parking garage that was so big a Semi truck went through it. I was amazed. I stayed in the van with the sleeping ones and Richard took the others that had to go potty inside. They said that the food was in the middle and all the other stuff was around the perimeter. Once they came out I went up to the ground level/street side and got myself a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte, yummy. I still had to make the 4 hour drive home.

I would have stayed the night but Jadon had an early morning Dr's apt.

Once we got the hotel we unloaded the van of Richard's stuff, repacked it down to a more manageable size(he still had a ton). I finally got on the road around 7:30pm our time. I made pretty good time, only stopped once to get another cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte near Talladaga. You would have thought with that much caffeine in my system that I would have had a hard time going to bed but I didn't, once we got home I got everyone in and changed and straight to bed.

Tuesday we got up went into town and had the shop that did my brakes look at them, seem I have a really bad alignment and if I don't get it fixed soon I am going to loose my front right tire. So next week I am going to get that done, an oil change, the tires rotated, and the main belt changed.

I also got our taxes done. We are getting a pretty nice bit back, and plan to if it is God's will, we will be getting a new van.
I got an ad in the mail for a local dealership, so I called to see if they would be able to help us. Unfortunately we will have to get a loan in order to get a van. But they are offering one of those checks to help you, plus with our trade, and some more cash, we should have a nice down payment and then only need to finance a small amount, that I intend to pay off quickly.
Yesterday, Richard finally got on the road headed this way to Florence, so he stopped in town and we took him the rest of his stuff, then he came home for a couple of hours, then we took him back to his truck and came home. Most of the boys went to bed, Rachel did too. Thomas, Aric, and I stayed up for a little bit. Talked to Richard a couple of times then I went to bed.

So today we are trying to get our normal routine back into place. We are going to do laundry, get the kitchen cleaned up, and get our Valentine's made and into the mail.

To bad it took me all week to get this posted.

No comments: