13 February, 2009

Fruit trees and berries

Our extension office is having it's annual tree sale.

We are looking at several apple, peaches, pears, plums, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries. I would also like to get a couple hydrangeas and a shade tree or two for the front yard. The afternoon summer sun makes the house so warm.

I think that our total was around 250.00 but now I don't know what the total tree count was. I need to find my list. The last day to order is on my birthday so that should be fun order our orchard, but picking up a lot of trees is going to be interesting.

I am thinking that I need to get a battery for the pick up and then take two of the children with me. Thomas has proven himself reliable in staying home for a short amount of time, with one brother who was asleep the entire time. If I run into town get our trees and other plants and come straight home he and his brothers should be fine. Need to pray about this some more.

No matter what I will get this all home, it just might take a few trips or something. Not really sure yet.

I do also plan on having most of the holes dug, that way once we get home with the trees we can just drop them into the ground and keep them healthy so that they will give us fruit faster. I can't wait till we can pick our own fruit. Jams, jellies, applesauce, apple butter, yummy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Order me some, too :o)

I want to start with berries here. I'm more used to them and we can get a harvest in sooner.

Deanna