01 January, 2009

Another New Year

It is 2009, a chance to begin anew.

Time to lean on the Lord a whole lot more. To seek His guidance, strength and wisdom.

My prayer for this year is pretty simple:

Keep Richard safe, walking in the way that He would have him.
To be a better help meet, parent, homemaker, teacher.
To seek Him in everything thing that I do. Talk it over with Richard before I do it.
That some how even with the distance that is always between us, due to his job, that we find away to pray together. That we pray about things together, to make sure that we know what the other is doing.
I would like, for Him to find a church for us to attend, without Richard, that is family friendly. Since there really isn't anything close that we would fit into, some like mindedness would be good.
I need to pray with Richard about going over about 2.5 hours for fellowship a few times a month.
To not loose my temper, and if I do that I seek His word for the answer and a chance to "cool off".
To not speak in a disappointed manner to Richard, bite my tongue as needed. Then talk it to Him when I have frustrations.
I know that, I can do all things through Christ, I just need to remember to seek Him out a lot more during my day.

To be happy and content with where I am. To not always be looking at the greener grass. Richard is not at this point ready to do anything, so I need to just do what I can here.
To continue lifting Richard up to Him. Everyday pray about him-his day, the truck, his student, the class he is going to, the other classes he's going to do, his deployment that is coming up.
That no matter we are in His hands and we will be fine.


A few goals that I have for this year are:
To purge the house of everything
To make a yearbook/scrap book
To make several quilts, to make all of Rachel's clothing and a good bit of mine.
To work towards once a month shopping.
To have a garden, that produces well
To plant at least 4 fruit trees, some berries
To add on or at least get some redesigning of the inside so that it works better.
To get a larger van
To get on a schedule and stick to it.


Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hello,
I was just reading over your blog. I linked to it from Deanna's blog. ANyway it I was just excited to see another military mom out there who thinks the way that I do. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a mom of 7. I have been and Army wife for my entire adult life. My husband is on his way to Kuwait via Oklahoma as I write. Out oldest son just returned from Iraq.
I would love to hear from you
In Christ
Dawn