01 December, 2008

Plans for the next month

Well we all said our goodbyes to Richard this morning as he left for work, the good thing is that he will be home again this weekend. It is Drill weekend so we won't really get to see him much but he's still home in the evenings.
I am still trying to figure out how I can get to KY to see Mary and the girls and possibly catch Bryce and Heather while they are home for Christmas, praying that it happens. But there will be other times if it doesn't.
Richard will be home again two weeks later for our family weekend not sure what we are going to do yet, but we will probably be doing our Christmas dinner. He should be home on the 25th like last year, but I won't believe it until I see it. Especially after this weekend and him being told that he should be able to get home early, well it was early alright 2:15 or something in the morning, oh and that was Saturday morning.
Then the last weekend of the month he will be turning in his truck to the terminal in Atlanta so that he can go to school in Boston for the month of Jan and part of Feb, then he will be home for like a week-maybe, he might just go back out on the road till he has to do the next schooling. Well that is really a little more than the next month, but hey it is the plan.
The thing that bothers me the most is that we won't be able to see him for the time he is in Boston, it is a 21 almost 22 hour drive and I just don't know how I feel about trying to drive in snowy weather for a weekend visit. I mean I would love to go up to Boston and see what we might be able to see, but a big van, 7 children and cold cold weather, ummm I think that I will pass. The time will go by quickly, then we will be together again in our unique way that we are together, life as a family of a trucker.

2 comments:

Trixi said...

Debi,
I did get your email and sent you one back. Obviously you did not get it. I said the same thing, that we should try to get together again this year. Have a great week. It sounds like you will be having a very busy next few months.

Unknown said...

Boston is worth the trip ~ but not the weekend! In other words . . .a week to discover the area, yes. Just to see your love a few hours + the 7 kids + the snow? I think your wisdom reigns . . .

{Hugs} as you ride this season out . . .