30 December, 2008

Getting ready to say goodbye

Well as of tonight it looks like the children and I will be heading over to Atlanta to pick up Richard on Friday.
We will more than likely spend a little bit of time over there as we are all wanting to go to IKEA and look around. We also need to go to the Apple store so that they can fix his iPhone, something is wrong with the iPod feature it will only play one song even after you've touched the shuffle button.
He also needs new pair of running shoes as one of his students seems to have taken them. Not to say that people are bad, but it does make me wonder what else might have been taken from his truck whether accidentally or on purpose, after cleaning out the truck on Sunday I really don't think that he would know, unless he was looking for something specific and couldn't find it.

The children and I had to go into town to the laundry mat today so that I could wash my down comforter. I had just walked into the bedroom on Sunday and Richard had changed Rachel. She was in her birthday suit and my hands were cold, so guess what she peed all over me and the bed. But I have found that our little town actually has 2 laundry mats and I kind of like this one better. A lot more larger washer, more washer in general. But I don't like that there isn't anyone there or even a phone number if something happens or you need a refund because the machine you choose is broken. But the there was a good amount of dryers that said HOT on them and they were, because my comforter was dry in 24min. I am thinking about going up there and washing everything that we own once and for all and when I am done it will all go straight across the street to the thrift store. I would love to do this, but I will more than likely just box all the good pants, collared shirts, and smaller stuff and once they can show me that they can and are willing to take care of their clothing then we can go shopping in the boxes.
Then there will be no more of the I can't find this that or the other, because they will each have 1 outfit. That has to be washed every night in the home washer.
I should think that 2 pairs of underwear, each 3 pairs of socks, maybe 2 pairs of jeans that way if they get messy at the barn they will have something to change into, in the middle of the day.
Then once we get all of the laundry done we are going to say goodbye to all of the toys. I only want them to have a few things, Lego's, Lincoln logs, matchbox cars, Thomas the train stuff, board games, books, but I need to get things back into buckets and bins. I would love to get one of those organizers for like a preschool and then we could just box up the items, and when they are done they know what color bin to put things in. But I think that what we are going to do is this thing called ITSO that Target has. I kind of think that it is really based on something that we might be able to find when we are at IKEA. We shall see.

I am great at planning and organizing everything on paper, but don't ask me to actually make it happen. Because you might still be waiting 30 minutes from now.

Anyway I am off to bed. We still need to finish getting all of the Army things together so that Richard has what he needs while he'll be away in Boston.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friday, already? I know it was the first of the year, but it hardly seems here already.
I thought you were going to try to make the trip without the entourage? You and Richard need personal time before he heads off.

Good luck with the purging...don't pack, just purge. It never works to pack it up, garage stall in town or not. It's just too easy to unpack. LOL...haven't you learned anything from watching my mishaps with packing instead of purging this year?? Be a good student...get rid of it once and for all :o)

Deanna