08 December, 2008

Planning the nex 6 months of school

As we get ready to begin the new year, I have decided once again to make a year book. It will include things that we do in our school, around the homestead, and just a general look at our lives.

I am thinking that we will work once a week, it will count as handwriting, English, Art, creative writing, and whatever else I can think of.

My thoughts are that they will learn a lot about themselves, each other and our family.

It will be a good way to show Richard what we really do each month too. As he will be going away to school for the Army next month and we will not be able to see him. It gives us a goal in getting the month of Jan in the books.

I will do 2 books, 6 months at a time, that way if they really get into it we won't have to down size and decide what doesn't get to go in the book.

My other thoughts on this project are that they will be able to look back when they are older and see what their handwriting looked like, what they did in school and everything that I wished that I had now. I know that my step mom, has been doing scrap books for years, but I don't really think that she has years-full years of what my brother and I did.

But since I have been saying that I was going to do this for the past couple years, I am really going to make this work.

I am also going to try digital scrap booking, that way I will be able to get some of the older pictures that I have into albums too. We won't even begin to talk about how far behind I am in my scrap booking. So this is a way to get started and hopefully back on track, slowly but back on track.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a way cool idea! I'm a scapper, so I can see myself incorporating this idea easily. My question will be, will my *kids* get into it?

Hmmmm. Perhaps they just might! :D

Mrs.B said...

What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing

In HIS Keeping,
Mrs.B

JanuaryLove said...

I am such a sorry scrapbooker - so very far behind. Maybe I should try to figure out digital scrapbooking. That sounds enticing.

I just love your ideas about the yearbooks - how fun! Your children will just love those books when they are older.