21 March, 2007

What we did today

The boys and I went to the Country Corner store (it's a little feed, hardware, supply store that is on the corner and well in the country) and got our 100lbs of dog food, and a new scoop.

Then we ran into town so that I could see my Dr to change my BP medication.

Then we stopped at my Mom's to say hi and tell her that I have lost 20lbs since my last check up in Dec. WHOOOOO!!! Doing the happy dance here.

Well my weight is still a little personal to blurt out there for the world but let's just say that after 6 full term pregnancies, and 1 early m/c I haven't weighed this since I had Aric my second. So I am sooooo happy. He will be 9 in Oct.
The nurse at the Dr's who also happens to be my SIL, was happy for me about my weight too.

Then we stopped at the hardware store to find out supplies to get to make some screens for our windows. We have an older home 1939, and for what ever reason there are storm windows on most of my windows but all of the screens are busted out. They have ready made screens that he said were a couple of bucks. The longer I can get a break from that a/c power bill the longer I will open my windows.
So I am either going to figure out how to just put a screen in the window that also holds the window open, or do like I saw over in the Amish community. They had two brackets on the top over the window and then the screen hung over the entire window, with a hock and eye lock inside the house. It was so totally cool. I mean I really would like to make something like that work. The young man at the hardware store was like man you can really learn a lot from the Amish. I was like ya I know. I am planning on turning our front yard into a soft fruit garden and a house garden, because of some of the things that I saw over there. Both of the Amish houses we stopped at the people were so very nice to us. The first house said that they had 19 children and that there grandchildren numbered 150 I think, maybe not that many but close. The best part of it I really don't think that they were that old. I really would love to go up to the area that my great grandmother was from, she was Amish-but was shunned because she married a Mennonite man. But they were happy and lived a long live together.

Then we came home and tackled the barn chores, some school work and played a little. Then it was back to a different town to get my new meds, and a cup of ice water from Sonic. I just love their ice, even found out that I can buy it by the bag. Yahoo!!! Then we came home did barn chores again, and the boys all played outside.
Once we came in they have played a game of Go Fish, and are painting Christmas picture frame ornaments. Me I am so ready to just go to bed. But I will stick it out for a few more hours, because these guys are anything but tired.

Blessings,
Debi

1 comment:

I am the Clay said...

debi,
Sounds like you had a busy and good day! Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome! :))

Blessings,
gloria