20 March, 2007

new blog

I have started this blog because for what ever reason, homestead blogger keeps getting hacked into and the other day it made my computer start acting really strange.

So here I am.

I am a wife and mother, a keeper of my home-need lots of help and prayer there, but I am learning everyday. Someday I hope to have a very spotless clean and organized home. But until then I am raising a houseful of boys.

The Lord has blessed us with 6 wonderful young men, they are Thomas 10 next month, Aric 8, Noah 7, Matthew 4, Jadon 3, Caleb 11 months. We also have a child waiting 4.4.05, early m/c.
We hope to be blessed with more children it is all up to the Lord.

We are striving for a simple lifestyle, living off of our homestead, we have currently 50 new chicks, 3 grown hens and a roo (who have been giving us 2 eggs a day since 22 Jan), 2 boer goats, a great Pyr to watch our goat, several yard dogs two of which adopted us the rest we selected. We also have 4 rabbit does and a buck I believe that all of our does are breed so we should have some little bunnies here soon.

We have been truly blessed in that a neighbor came over and turned some ground for us to make our garden in, it measures 165' x 65 at most 75' in one spot. He is supposed to come back and disc it this week. Then I am planning on put in our potatoes, broccoli, onions, garlic, English peas, Brussels sprouts, and a few other Spring crops. I am hoping that we will be able to put up a lot of our garden this year.

We are getting a few feeder pigs either this weekend or next, and my Dad is still on the look out for a milk cow. I also believe that DH said something about getting some more chickens, guineas, turkeys, ducks and geese. All the free range birds that will eat ticks and ants are welcome here.

We are hoping to add on to our little house this year, we are going to start with a mud room/laundry/extended pantry. These boys eat like we live in the grocery store.
I also hope to get a huge clothes line up in the next few weeks, with DH working so far away and only home on the weekend there just isn't time to get it all done in two short days, and I am limited in what I can do without him. Of course the boys help, but they are all still so young and limited in their abilities as well. I don't want them to damage their bodies now and have trouble for the rest of their lives.

My future plans are to set up a road side stand and sell our extra eggs should we ever have any, homemade bread, muffins, and baked goods, the rabbits, and any extra produce.

My in laws are relocating up here in the next few weeks, Mom works for Walmart and is transferring, and Dad is semi retired so he will help around as much as he can. They are going to try to find a place of their own but my put a travel trailer here for a while till they find something. I pray that if they do that they we will all get along well, we have been known to have our moments.

Well I think that is enough for now, need to go and make some cookies and muffins for snacks.

Blessings,
Debi

1 comment:

I am the Clay said...

Debbie

Good to hear from you!
Your garden sounds awesome!We are going to be tilling ours this weekend....the weather is still a bit unpredictable here - we had snow showers last weekend.....so I'll hold off on seeds right now,but I am going to get some bulbs planted - gladiolas are one of my favorites. :)

I am sorry to hear about the problems at homestead blogger.... I miss the ladies there -- but one thing I couldn't figure out is how to upload photos.....I could never manage to get my photos to be uploaded.....it's very easy here at blogspot.com to upload them, and you 'll also love the spell check!!!

I'll check back on you!
Blessings,
gloria