23 March, 2009

game nights

The last couple of nights the boys and I(Richard too) have played a game or two before bedtime. The other night it was Math War-where you have to have the highest math fact in addition or subtraction to win, Rat*a*Tat Cat-get rid of the rats and go for the cats, win by having your cards add up to the lowest number. We also have a game called Match * It where you have triangle shapes with colors and patterns that you match. You can play just color, shape, or a couple other ways.

I got the Math War at the Base Exchange in Columbus, MS, Rat a Tat Cat-I've had for a while, but got it at Wal-Mart, and the Match It was from Office Max, in the teacher section. The only thing I don't like about the Match It game is that the cards are very thin card stock. I will probably be getting them laminated soon.

Tonight they all decided that they wanted to try Pay Day, which is a great game that uses a lot of math skills. Too bad I am so tired that I didn't tell them how to play it correctly at first and then we got it all figured out. (Note to self, don't read the instructions when you are very tired, you'll confuse your children.)

They played for well over and hour and a half. And it looks like Aric won with the most money. Even Matthew and Jadon stayed up till the very end, I called the game over since I had said we were going to stop at 9. But it was all good and fun, there was a moment where Matthew was getting up set that he wasn't winning when they would play the lottery spaces, but then he got over it.

Not sure what we will do tomorrow night but we will have to begin it a lot earlier. Maybe we will put together a puzzle or something.

No comments: