04 November, 2008

I voted today, Have you?

I have to say that it is a lot different here in Alabama compared to what it was back in FL.

First off we live in a very rural area, my little town has a post office, one gas station, a bank, city hall, a new medical clinic, and three different churches, oh there are also two restaurants, the auction house-for the once a month auctions, and the discount flea market & grocery store that is only open on Fri & Sat.

Anyway our voting place is at the city hall. I did take all of the children with me and we were there while another young man was there. Back in FL you had the old style, where we had that lovely chad problem, then we had the touch screens.

Well here in my neck of the woods, we have a ballot that is a fill in the bubble. Then you put it into this big box that had a counter on it and I was the 33 ballot into the box. As we were leaving there were more people coming in to vote.

The poll workers were all very nice and gave I voted today stickers to all of the children. I got one too.

Have a great day!

No comments: