28 August, 2009

Do you ever just not have anything to say?

We are just taking it day by day right now. I feel like I have a lot to say but then once I begin to write it always looks like I am just babbling and not really making any sense.

We are not doing well in the school department right now. No one wants to listen to me, no one wants to do their work on a daily basis, nor in a timely manner. I am dealing with some character issues that are the heart of all the problems-discipline, school work, obedience, respectfulness, just the general I'm the mom and you are the child stuff. But it just all seems to be compounded this year with the lack of getting school work done.

I know that no matter what they don't graduate until I say they do and they have met my requirements but gee you'd think that they would all like to be done around 18 or 19. The other thing I think is that for our family getting a drivers license/learners permit isn't something that needs to happen right at 15 so that isn't even a driving(haha punn intended) force.

We did sign up for Scouts and started Soccer practices this week. We have our first game of the season on the 14th, which should prove to be a very busy day. I had already scheduled my Pedicure for that Monday at 3.30 and it takes about an hour. Then from there we will have to get something to eat as we will not be home. About the only good this is that the game is at 5.30 but over in Fayette, but with us already being in Winfield it won't take that long to get down there. But we will still have an hour drive home. We shall drive around the world by the time we get home that night.

Awana sign up is this coming Wed at Church and then we start that the following Wed night. I do think that all of the boys are excited about this.

I am praying that with the outside influence of Christian men & women from Church, and from Scouting and even the sports that this will give all of them the kick in the pants that I just can't seem to get.






4 comments:

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

I get you on the not listening scope. My kids are already starting...yet all they are doing right now is literature. I am hoping that by the end of September, they will be into a grove. I am also starting a master schedule. This should help. Routine is everything to children. Of course mine are smaller with the oldest being 11. Here is where I got my schedule idea. http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/ I am also making a binder! I hope it helps.
Have a blessed day!

Greg and Donna said...

What about having the attitude of "your schoolwork needs to get done in x amount of time to be able to do the extra activites". Maybe this would motivate them to get the schoolwork done. Then the conseuence would be, you didn't finish math so no xxxxxxxx tonight. Just a thought!

Mary said...

Pastor Jackson always says, Just do the next right thing! Each day is a new, fresh start and one day's success builds on the next until soon it is habit to do school! Don't give up! I'm praying for you! <3

Deanna said...

I know the punishment thing isn't big there, but ther schooling is more important thantheir playing soccer or 4H or Awanas, Godly men or not. They have to do school work, anything else is gravy in their lives, not meat. There has tobe some consequences, some unpleasant ones, for the lack of obedience and lack of completed school work each day. If they miss so much soccer, they won't be allowed to participate anyway, but maybe that is what they need to happen to wake up.

They are always going to have to follow the direction and authority of someone else, especially if they think they are military material. You don't do them any favors allowing their wills to conquer the day and their desires to direct their education.