16 June, 2009

Our trip is upon us, and I don't want to go......

Now don't get me wrong I really really want to see Richard, because he's my husband and I love him very much.

But at the same time I don't want to make the drive, deal with being in hotels for the next 6 nights, having to eat out for all/most of that time, lots of driving in strange places.

I am regretting not just trying that much harder to find a flight for him to just come home and we go do something around here.

MMMM I wonder if he couldn't still rent a car and drive home or hey what about if he just drove half way??? I know he probably wouldn't and couldn't as they were supposed to have all of their travel arrangements set a week ago, but ya know what things happen and plans change.

The biggest thing is I don't want to say goodbye again. That is the hardest part of all, saying good bye. It will be a long time before we get to see him again, probably Feb or so.

I am praying that I am in a much better mood in the morning when we leave because right now I am really not looking forward to making this drive, and it's making me feel terrible.

Pray for me please.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I know what you mean about not wanting to do the travel part! As I've aged, I have really started to dislike traveling. I just returned from visit with my two girls and the early morning cattle call at the airport, people who really need to be introduced to deodorant, and the crowds just about did me in! It will be a long time before I willingly travel away from home again!

But, you have the most important reason of all to take to the road. A good visit with Hubby so that the kids can talk about it between now and when he gets home.

I will be thinking of you and yours and hoping you an easy and peaceful trip. Now go make some memories!!

Trixi said...

Debi,
I hope all went well with your trip. We did this very same thing on June 10. I have to say it was a horrible good bye and I am still depressed over it. I hope you handle the leave much better. It has been so hard on us.